Thursday, March 19, 2009

They come in threes (hopefully!)

I'm sure there's an unwritten rule against blogging about poop, but I'm going to break it. Since it just keeps "popping up" lately, I can't help myself. Hopefully, that old wives' tale about bad things coming in threes is true...

Episode #1: Explosive diaper as our plane was landing in Mpls. I won't go into details, but let's just say changing a down-the-leg-type diaper in public isn't the ideal situation. Especially when the women who just got off the plane are streaming into the airport bathroom in droves. Those poor women got an eyeful, since I had to clean the majority of Zach's body, eventually parts of my own, and the floor of the bathroom.

Episode #2: As many of you know, the best thing for a bottom that is starting to show signs of diaper rash is fresh air. Last weekend, Zach's bum was looking a little red, so when Scott changed his diaper he let Zach run around bare for a few minutes, to air things out. Scott went upstairs to get something while I was busy in the kitchen - saying three times to Zach "if you have to poop or pee, just tell me." A minute later, he said to me "mom what's this? it's brown and sticky." One of Zach's jokes is "what's brown and sticky?" ... the answer is supposed to be "a stick." In this case, it was not a stick.

Episode #3: Last night, for the first time ever, Zach pooped in the bathtub. While I think it's unusual that we made it this long without the experience, it doesn't make me hopeful that we're going to have an easy time potty-training!!!

No comments: