Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Confessions of a blogaholic

I'm over-blogging, I know.

Can't seem to help myself these days. Maybe it's still the newfound joy at all the things Zach can do and say now that he's back to himself. Maybe it's the excitement prompted by the increasingly-evident reminder that we will have another one to blog about soon. Maybe it's just my on-going desire to make sure our long-distance family and friends get to know Zach, and not miss the tiny but so fun moments we have. Maybe it's one of many symptoms of stay-home mom restlessness. Most likely, it's a combination of all of those things. So I continue... and if you don't want to read it, you don't have to! :)

The most recent thing that sent me running for paper and ultimately the computer was something Zach said just a couple hours ago as he read one of his books. It's a "look and find" type of a book, so he was mostly looking at the pictures and talking to himself about what he saw, which was a scene of (friendly) monsters at a birthday party. I wasn't paying that much attention, but then I heard him say:

This sign says Happy Birthday Glurg. I would send you a card that says "I hope I love you very much. Good Luck. Enjoy eating your birthday cake. Happy Birthday! Love Zach"

See - don't I have to blog about something like that?

We talk about the baby frequently, and while Zach has no idea what all this talk means, it has been cute to see how he is assimilating all this information. His latest name suggestions are Zill (get it? Zach and...! No, he didn't come up with that on his own, but it's his favorite suggestion now) and Lightning McQueen. He did come up with that one, and thinks it's an acceptable name for either a boy or a girl. Lightning McQueen Willard. What do you think?

The baby is making its presence known. Besides that my pants don't fit (I'm in that lovely stage where most maternity clothes are still too big... sigh), this kid is already kicking. Kicking often, and much harder than seems possible at this point! I love it, but it makes me wonder what this will be like 3+ months from now.

Zach had my camera out the other day and was taking pictures, mostly of me. After looking at shot after shot with my head cut off, I thought it was a great idea for him to take the first official "belly" picture; who cares if my head is cut off on that one, right? So I turned to the side, and put my hands on top and below my "bump", and told him to take the picture. Here is the result:

Mr. Zach also finally got his flu shots the other day. I had taken him with me when I got mine, thinking it would be good for him to see how brave I was. :) Unfortunately, or perhaps not, the nurse distracted him by having him pick out a sticker while she actually gave me the shot, so he missed the whole process. When I told him we were going to the doctor because it was his turn to get his shots, he said: oooh mom, now you can pick out a sticker while I get my shot, cause I got to pick one out while you were getting yours!

Pictures above: Zach playing with the Zach-sized bag I got when I bought a bag of apples; that's been a very popular addition to the grocery shopping game. The other is of Koskie, appearing to snuggle with Zach's cowbungadee. I took a picture quick, since when he eventually noticed, Zach strongly objected to sharing his special friend with the dog!

1 comment:

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

I'm still reading!!! And I kind of like the name Lightning McQueen Willard...