Saturday, May 15, 2010

4 weeks?!?!?

I confess Scott and I looked at each other the Friday of our first week on our own after Charlie was born and agreed that it had been the longest week. But now I feel like the time is starting to fly by - Charlie is 4 weeks old already!

Our poor little guy seems to have caught some version of our colds. His nose has been stuffed up pretty much this whole week. It's pathetic to hear the noises he's making, especially when he's trying to sleep. We had a couple rough nights as a result, but really, he's handling it well (last night he went four hours between feedings - whoo hoo!). I'm not sure if it'll last, but I've noticed like his dad, Charlie always sneezes multiple times - no single sneezes for this kid!

Let's see, what else? Oh - his umbilical cord fell off last weekend! So he finally got his first real bath. I'll include some pictures of that shortly, though I confess they're not going to be very good. We had the shower running while we gave him a bath, hoping the steam would help relieve his congestion. Charlie loved the bath. It was pretty funny - three of us (yes, it took the entire family to give Charlie a bath) sweating away in the steam while little Charlie happily sat in his bathtub.

Otherwise, I don't have much new to report. He is starting to stay awake a bit more during the day - mostly late afternoon and the evenings. So far Charlie doesn't appear to have a "witching hour" - at least not a major one where he's inconsolable. Please let that remain true! He still doesn't cry at night - he lays in his bed and makes all sorts of noises for up to an hour before he sounds even remotely upset. During the day that's not as true - when he's hungry he lets me know. But hunger seems to be the only reason he ever cries - he's truly a laid-back baby!

I don't know for sure how much he's grown - I would guess he's near 7.5 lbs now. He's starting to get too big for the preemie clothes, but newborn sizes are still a little roomy (and 0-3s are huge!). But he's growing, filling out!

^ Blurry but the first picture capturing a sort of smile; not enjoying tummy time
^ On his new blankie from the Owens family; Kasey practicing her big sister skills
Snuggling with dad... we have so many pictures of Zach and Scott like this!

2 comments:

Sarah, Brien, Aiden and Ava said...

So darn cute! I can't wait to meet him!
Does he have hands under those mittens? ;)

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

He is so freaking cute!!! I love the smiling picture!