Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas is coming

The goose is getting fat. And do you know why? Because we're going to eat his belly.

That's Zach's version, anyway. Scott taught him that song, and apparently, provided a little bit of extra information.

We've been having fun getting ready for the holidays. Zach had his Christmas program at the church where he goes to school a couple weeks ago - he did great. They sang several songs, including some where they joined in with the adult choir. I took video, of course, and have gotten as far as getting it onto the computer. But it's pretty long, and editing it is a to-do I haven't quite managed to check off my list yet. Soon.

Zach, Charlie, and I also went to our buddy Vincent's program at his school one afternoon last week. Isn't that a cute picture of those two?? Preschoolers are unpredictable and funny, so it was fun to just sit and watch the whole crowd, since I spend most of Zach's focused on him! There was one little boy I thought was going to remove his pants... but it turned out he was just adjusting his zipper. For a while.

Twice we tried to go with friends to the Holidazzle Parade - an evening parade filled with floats lit up by Christmas lights. The first date we had planned turned out to be "snowmageddon." (This was also the day we were going to visit Santa... so no pictures of Charlie screaming on Santa's lap this year!) Our second attempt was this last Saturday, until we discovered that Zach had an ear infection, and so did Vincent, with the added bonus of a ruptured ear drum. We'll try again next year!

And then there was cookie-making yesterday. I did my best to stand back and let Zach decorate how he wanted, but at one point I did have to intervene. I tried to explain that not everyone likes jimmies and sprinkles as much as he does, so perhaps he didn't have to cover every inch of every cookie in a deep layer?? But I think they turned out great, and he had fun, so that's all that matters. Oh, and Koskie had a great time cleaning up the floor. Merry Christmas pooch!

No comments: