Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A little bit of Savannah

I took 195 pictures during my girls' weekend in Savannah, so I decided to challenge myself to pick less than 10 that represented the trip. Not an easy task, but here we go:



^Our first day we took a trolley tour to get an overview of the city, and to see the gorgeous architecture and gardens.



^ We also ate at the famed Mrs. Wilkes Boardinghouse - southern-food at it's best, served family style. I've never seen a spread like it. That night we walked along the Savannah River.





^ Saturday we headed to Tybee Island, to climb the 78 steps to the top of the lighthouse and then spend the 90+ degree day lounging on the beach.









^ Before heading to the airport Sunday, we explored Forsythe Park and the Bonaventure Cemetery, a very historic and beautiful cemetery. They don't make 'em like that any more!



So that's it -10 pictures! Close enough. I realized during this exercise that these pictures may represent Savannah (although there's so much more to it, what a beautiful city!), they don't represent our trip well. My friend Cindy took all the "people" pictures - us enjoying some yummy meals and taking advantage of Savannah's lack of an open container law. Being able to get a beer "to go" and walk around town with it is a great way to beat the heat! :)



This trip was a fantastic way to spend time with friends I don't see often enough, and just relax... I'm so happy to have a husband who is supportive of me taking time away, and a mother-in-law who flies across the country to hang out with her grandsons! And I look forward to many more adventures like this! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds fantastic, Liz! I'm very inspired...