Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's T-ball time!!!

I think it's well-documented in this blog that I tend to take too many pictures.  Believe it or not, I think it's about to get worse!  Zach just started his first "real" sport (a term I use VERY loosely), and I came home from his first game with 72 pictures.  Yikes.  But occasions like these are the very reason I bought myself a nice camera; now I just need to learn how to really use it.  In the meantime, here are some of my favorites:
These two were actually taken last Saturday, before we headed off to picture day.  We'll get an official team picture as well as an individual one of Zach in his full uniform.  The first of many, I suppose!

I think it's so cute they get their names on their shirts - they look like little men.  Zach's team decided their name would be the "Little Monsters."  Interesting choice, I know.  And I don't know what Zach is hollering in the second picture, but at one point I did hear him going "swing batta-batta-batta swing!"

Look at that kid round third!  The way the game works at this level, we learned, is that each team bats half their team each inning; regardless of the outcomes of the hits.  Which is a good thing, since I think in the entire game, a total of three outs were achieved.  Total.  Both teams combined.

So Zach got the lucky "home run hitter" slot - the last guy to bat in the inning, which means he automatically gets to run all the way around the bases (with the great big helmet bouncing around on his head).  Otherwise the batters have to hold up at first, no matter what is happening with the defense... which is generally something comical.  The little boy who played first base for the other team was not the least bit interested in the game, so every time his teammates wanted to throw him the ball (which is standard procedure, regardless of whether the play should be at another base) he'd be gazing off at passing cars, a bird, anything but the action around him.  I laughed out loud when one of his teammates kindly rolled him the ball instead of throwing it at him and risking hitting him since he wasn't looking!

Charlie is apparently ready to join the team.  Perhaps they need a mascot?


After the game and a post-game team snack, Charlie and Zach (and Scott) had a little fun on the field.

All jokes aside, Scott and I are amazed Zach is already starting with real sports.  Practice once a week, a game once a week... and we know it's only just beginning!  Here we go!

1 comment:

Sarah, Brien, Aiden and Ava said...

SO stinking cute! I love the uniform and sweet Charlie sitting on the bench as part of the team! Love it! Go, Zach!