Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dads


I always knew Scott would be a great dad. But I have to say, the reality is even better. He was exceedingly patient when Zach was a screaming baby, pacing away on the treadmill to try to soothe him. And now, he'll read a terrible Elmo book over and over again, if that's what Zach wants. He's taught Zach essential things like where his ears are located, how to pump his fist, and stick out his tongue. I can't tell you how many times I've watched my two guys together, with a big cheesy grin on my face. Nobody can make Zach laugh like Daddy can - the great big contagious belly laugh that has to be the best sound on earth. They are quite the pair, and I'm thankful every day for having an amazing partner to share the experience of raising a son.

I also included some grandpa shots - where would we be without our own fathers? Scott and I talk often about how we were raised, using our own dads (and moms, but hey - it's FATHER's day) as models of how we want to be as parents.
Today is a good day to say thanks for everything Dads!

No comments: