Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Suburbs here we come

We just had a huge downpour of rain - very much needed - and I couldn't help but notice the little girls down the street immediately running outside to run around in the rain, shrieking with delight. Who doesn't remember doing that as a kid?? There's nothing like a summer rainstorm!

So... we got the house. Woodbury here we come! We are closing on the new house on September 19th, which gives us about a week and a half to move before we have to be out of our house. We'll be posting a sign-up sheet here soon, so you can volunteer your time and muscles. :)

I've included a few more pictures; we went out this evening while the inspector was doing his job - check out the picture of him on the roof! Brave guy. The second picture is for my father-in-law; if you look between the two houses across the street, and squint hard enough, you can see the pin on one of the holes of the golf course! We almost live on a golf course!


So after going through the house again, I'm pretty excited, although it really doesn't seem real that we are going to live there. I'm definitely most excited about the kitchen being open to the family room - so Zach can play while I'm in the kitchen and not have to come running to find me in another room!

I also met some neighbors while we were there; a woman from around the corner and four girls. I learned that there are lots of kids in the neighborhood, but the majority are older, probably 5 and up. There is one little boy (Peyton) about Zach's age a few houses up, and somewhere nearby is a three year-old who is "wild" (out of the mouths of the little girls). So we're looking forward to living in a neighborhood where the kids all run around and everyone looks out for each other.


The back of the house; Zach on our new deck - site of lots of future BBQs!

Not a whole lot else new with us... Zach and I are suffering through our colds, and it's likely Scott is next. I didn't have the energy to entertain Zach myself today, so I took him to the children's museum so he could run wild. He did just that - they have a lot of good exhibits for guys his age who like to run up and down ramps and climb up things. He took a longer than usual nap, so I guess it worked!

Oh, and one last thing -
Happy Birthday Dad/Grandpa Klicka!!!

3 comments:

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

Looks super nice! Can't wait to drink wine and watch Twins games on our couches in a new location!

Liz said...

Congratulations! Looks like a super spot! Welcome to the north! Happy to hear you've already met some nice neighbors.. that makes such a difference.

Micheal Willard said...

Nice house. It looks really new, how old is it? So where are you putting the pool in?