Monday, July 20, 2009

Carnival and Island View









Zach and I braved the cold (a high of 62!!!) and rain last Friday to meet our friends Wendy and Vincent at the Woodbury Coin Carnival. Zach and Vincent competed well - dominating events like the duck pond, bean bag toss, and can knock-down - and came away with fantastic prizes like stickers, kazoos, styrofoam airplanes, bracelets, and Zach's favorite - a magnifying glass.

One of the games involved throwing a ping-pong ball into floating bowls in a kiddie pool. Look how seriously Zach is competing:

Now check out the celebration when he won:
:

In other breaking news, I finished up the painting in our bedroom this weekend. Many of you are familiar with my historical struggles to get the right paint color... you'll be happy to know I'm delighted with this one - and it was the first try! It's a teensy bit blue-er than we wanted, yet we both like it. Now on to the next project!
Before (baby sh#t brown) / After (Island View)

1 comment:

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

oooo I love it! That is color I envisioned for our bathroom and instead ended up with Baby Blue. I have been sucessfully ignoring it for almost 2 years now. Maybe it is time to do something about it!