Sunday, February 28, 2010

30 weeks

30 weeks down, only 10 to go!

That's beginning to sink in; there's a lot of stuff we need to do before this little guy puts in an appearance: buy a crib (Zach's was recalled - completely), paint the baby's room, unpack and sort through all the baby clothes, unpack all the gear that will take over our house, etc etc. And, in the meantime, try to get some sleep. :)

Lots of doctor's appointments these days; I've reached the point where I'll go in every two weeks now to see my doctor, and also every couple of weeks to see the diabetes folks to make sure my blood sugars are under control. All these appointments have been a breeze - I've been feeling good; baby is active, growing, strong heartbeat; the doctor is happy with my weight gain; blood pressure and all that is good; and I've been keeping my diabetes under control with diet so far. One weird pregnancy symptom I have this time I didn't with Zach is some odd spots of dry skin/exzema, but I guess I can handle that.

When I met with the doctor earlier this week, we went over the most recent ultrasound results (which, as you may recall, was to make sure the baby's legs were growing ok, since they were lagging behind his head and belly size). The radiologist and doctor were both happy with what they saw: the interval growth of the legs - the amount the femur grew in the six weeks between the two ultraounds - was exactly what they would have expected. So our guy is growing appropriately, he just has sorta short legs! We can live with that. :)
So all in all, we're doing well, looking forward to what's coming... faster and faster it seems!

3 comments:

Sarah, Brien, Aiden and Ava said...

You look fabulous, Mommy Liz! It's so fun to see you pregnant since we cannot see you in person! Thanks for the updates! Only 10 weeks to go! It seems like it has flown by! We can't wait to meet your new little guy! Hugs to you all!

Mandy said...

Cannot wait to meet my little nephew. Hope we will get to see him this summer.

Kayelynn said...

This is so exciting! You look great! Have fun completing all the last minute things on your list!