Friday, October 8, 2010

Clowns

Last weekend I took Zach to the circus, with our friends Matt, Jenny, Kasey and baby Reagan. I won't go into my rant about it... let me just say while I understand circuses have a tradition of showmanship, they really need to do some modernizing. And remember that it's about the kids. No kid (or adult, for that matter) needs to see a man in skin-tight black leather, tossing his over-processed bleached blond hair from side to side while thrusting his hips any time his tigers jump on a stool. Oh, wait, I've started my rant. I'll stop.

The kids did enjoy the spectacle*, especially the clowns and acrobatics. They were the cutest clowns though:

^Cheesy smiles at the cheesy circus


^What happens when you ask them not to do the cheesy smiles. As you can see, Kasey got it eventually, Zach... not so much.


^The kids had as much fun in the skyway walking back to our cars as they did at the circus. Check out Target Field in the background! Oh, and the first picture is the kids posing with Joe Mauer, not the trash can.

And here, for your amusement, is our little clown at home. He was ready to go outside in this outfit - he even put his shoes on. I think he gets his fashion sense from his dad.


I'll end with some recent quotes from Zach:

(as we pull up next to a black car with a man driving)
Z: Mom, is that dad?
Me: does it look like dad? (for the record, the correct answer was no)
Z: Yes - he has hair on his arm, so it must be dad!

Me: Why do you like birthday parties? (expecting to hear about cake)
Z: That's just how I work.

Zach's way of asking if his milk, which has been left out on the counter, has gone bad: Is it worser?

Zach's latest excuse for not wanting to go to bed: I can't think when I'm sleeping.

*Please don't mention to Zach or Kasey that we left at intermission. Thanks.

No comments: