Monday, March 5, 2012

37

I feel like I should write this post the way I write other age-milestone posts... Wow!!  Scott is 37 already!! Where has the time gone??!?!

But then I realized while I meant that as a joke, there is definitely some truth to it. We've now celebrated 10 of Scott's birthdays together.  Wow.  Seriously.

Zach thought we should go to Chuck E Cheese for Scott's birthday, but the actual day fell on a Friday when we had curling.  And better yet, we were curling our good friends!  Nothing like a little friendly competition to celebrate a birthday, eh?  So we brought cake, our friends brought a yummy "chocolate cake" concoction, and a good time was had by all.

I should back up... prior to our evening celebration Zach and Charlie put some time into some art projects for Dad.  Paintings, cards, and a box of coupons.  Coupons for things like a car wash (yep, Zach and I will wash his car this summer, by hand), a run to DQ, some rounds of golf, and fun stuff like snuggle time, hugs, and kisses.  Zach is anxiously waiting for Scott to begin redeeming his coupons, but since he declared they were one-time use coupons, I think Scott is hoarding them.  :)

So while Zach was disappointed Scott didn't have a big party with a piñata, I think we had a good celebration (including our dinner out with friends a couple weeks ago!).  And the good news is, there's always next year to throw that party, or go to Chuck E Cheese!  Getting old together is going to be fun.

We love you Scott!  Happy birthday!

No comments: