Thursday, January 8, 2009

We always come back

Since we started taking Zach to the day care at the Y, we've been reassuring him that "mommy and daddy always come back." So now when we pick him up, he often greets us with "mommy/daddy came back! Mommy/daddy always come back!" Our little saying really seems to have helped him handle being left with essential strangers.

But I didn't realize how much until today...
when we go somewhere, we always have Zach leave his cowabunga in the car, so we don't lose it (we have a back-up, but life would not be good if we lost his special friend!) Today, as I was buckling Zach into his seat, he picked up his cow and said "cowabunga, we always come back. Mommy and Zach always come back." I guess the little cow/blankey needed some reassurance!

On a different note - I remember when Zach first started eating solids, how I'd take pictures every time he smeared food on his face. Little did I realize that a year and a half later, I'd still be doing the same thing...

Blueberry muffin-face; chocolate cupcake face

1 comment:

Liz said...

Awww! He is SUCH a sweet boy! Thanks for sharing his cowabunga moment!