Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wheeee!!

I think I can sum up Zach's week with Grandma Cookie (Scott's mom) with a direct quote from the boy himself. As I drove away from the airport, Zach said in the saddest voice imaginable:

"I guess I'll just have to play by myself now."

We had a very fun week, filled with trips to the Y to swim, lots of yummy meals, trips to the Mall of America, and hours and hours of cars-playing. Grandma was a fantastic sport with way more patience and imagination than I have; one afternoon she played cars for almost three hours while I prepped and painted most of the baby's room.

Zach's favorite outing was probably when we went to the mall for "Toddler Tuesday" and he got to ride as many of the rides as he wanted. This was also the only time I remembered to pull out my camera, unfortunately.

^ Driving what he calls the Mack trucks; his cheesy "smile" on the Blues Clues ride


^ The Wonder Pets ride; it raises the kids up and then drops them little by little, bouncing their little bodies all over the place on the way down. Zach claims this is one of his favorite rides, but every time he goes on it, it takes him a little while to decide it's fun! He had to go by himself this time (we had a cranky ride operator who reinforced the "no chaperone" rule since Zach met the height requirement), and once again, looked like he'd cry when it first started. Then he seemed to notice how much fun the girl next to him was having, so apparently he decided to enjoy it too.


^ Zach and grandma scored the front car of the roller coaster!


^ What I think is truly Zach's favorite ride; these little cars absolutely whip you around the corner, and he laughs non-stop the entire time. :)

Thanks again Teri for the very fun week!!

No comments: