Friday, September 10, 2010

A few of his favorite things

Zach had some homework at preschool the other day. He needed to provide some information about himself, to be shared with his classmates so they can all get to know each other. I promised myself that I was going to just ask Zach the questions and write down whatever he said; no editing, suggesting, or otherwise modifying. Here's the result:

Name: Zach Willard
Favorite color: pink
Favorite food: M&Ms
Favorite book: The Cat in the Hat
Favorite show: Caillou (I confess I stepped in on this one... since his first response was Cars. I know it probably doesn't matter that he picked a movie as opposed to a tv show, but the perfectionist in me couldn't let it slide. He did pick Caillou on his own after I explained tv vs movie.)
Favorite thing to do: play cars
What he wants to be when he grows up: a train driver - he was later more specific, said he wanted to be Thomas's driver.
My Family: mom, Zach, Charlie, daddy, and Koskie
Favorite pet: a goldfish

The last one cracked me up, since we don't have a goldfish! I teased him about it, asking about Koskie, but Zach just giggled and said he likes goldfish. But he mentioned Koskie as a member of our family, so hopefully the poor dog's feelings aren't too hurt.

I was also intrigued to hear what he'd say for his favorite book. We read A LOT of books, getting a big stack of new ones at the library weekly. He seems to like to read just about anything, although I can't usually get him interested in non-fiction. And his "favorites" are short-lived - we read them up to 6 times a day for a couple days and then he's ready to move on to something else. Despite all that, he answered the question immediately, no doubt about it.

I hope they ask the same series of questions next year; it'll be interesting to see what changes!

No comments: