Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mmmm... rice cereal

I swore I was going to be more creative with Charlie's first "solid" food than I was with Zach's, since if you've ever tried rice cereal, you know it's horrid. But, for many different reasons, few of them good, I stuck with the tried-and-true recommendation. Here's how it went:


^ Uh, mom, what exactly are you doing?


^ Oh, is this what you guys are always putting in your mouths? Yuck. But boy can I make a mess when I blow a raspberry with it.


Zach wanted to be a part of all the excitement, and since I didn't really think he was ready to put a spoon in Charlie's mouth, he was on camera duty with Scott. While many of his shots were of the back of my arm, he did get some that captured the moment:


I particularly like this one:


I've also gotten started making some baby food for once we move past the yummy rice cereal. The fun part is that we got to use some of the bounty from our garden - our sweet potato experiment was mostly a success (check out the shape of some - I think our soil might be a little hard)! I do need some tips on how to harvest these things, since I ended up unintentionally slicing many of them with the shovel. So now we have some sweet potato cubes in the freezer, as well as some made from the tomatoes from our and G&G Willard's garden! And I'm about to get the squash from the garden too. Some things for Charlie to look forward to. :)

1 comment:

Laura L. said...

These photos are classic! It's a sacred ritual, stunned, wide-eyed look and all.

All that love and care packed into those home-grown sweet potato cubes! Will you be able to handle it when he spits those out?