Friday, June 1, 2012

Last days

Wednesday, May 23rd was a day of lasts - Zach's last day of preschool and Charlie's last day of ECFE.

When I dropped Zach off that morning I overheard some moms saying how sad their daughters were that preschool was ending.  Zach and I had talked about it, and while he said it was a little sad he wouldn't be able to play with his friends three days a week, he was excited for summer and eventually, for kindergarten.  I was curious to see how he'd react when the day actually came, but no, there wasn't a lot of emotion for him.  I, on the other hand, was a little sad to drive out of that parking lot for the last time!

Zach's best buds from school - Wyatt and Brett (and Brett's brother Riley).
Can you guess what similar interests they bonded over?
Mrs. Hulse - Zach's teacher for the last two years.  She is staying home with her own kids next year, so we're even more grateful he got have her as his first teacher!
Charlie, of course, was oblivious it was his last day of ECFE.  So I didn't put a lot of effort trying to take pictures of him and his "friends" - better known as the kids he's played next to for the last 9 months.  Instead I just tried to catch him doing some of his favorite things...
All of these were taken in the large motor room, where in addition to the fun stuff you can see, there is a little roller coaster, some slides and other climby-stuff.  When we get to ECFE, Charlie goes into the classroom long enough to wash his hands, but then makes a run for this room, bypassing all the art projects, the sensory table, etc.  He's a large motor sort of guy!

Tuesday night was Zach's school program.  The kids do a "play" based on a popular kids' book - this year his class did Pajama Time by Sandra Boynton.  I alternated between the camera and the video camera (well, Scott's phone anyway) while they sang a bunch of songs, and I wish I'd had the video going when they sang "Put Your Jammies On!"  The kids love it, as they get to be loud and silly.  And I missed it!  Oh well, I hope you enjoy the play and some of the other songs... (beware: some of these songs will get stuck in your head, and that's not really a good thing!).

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wonderful pictures that capture the passing of an era for you and your boys!