Thursday, July 19, 2012

@ the CCCC

Looking at my pictures, I realized I did a terrible job documenting the reason we went out to Cape Cod in the first place - the bonspiel!  We didn't take a picture in front of the lovely Cape Cod Curling Club (the CCCC) because, well, the sign was in disrepair and just said "curling club"!  I did remember, after our very last game, to have a team picture taken, but it's a little blurry and doesn't even show the cool blue rock!  And worst of all, I didn't get any good pictures of the very fun and generous team we spent the most time with - the team we played the first night.  I'm going to have to hope Zac did better with his camera than I did!
Team "Saint Paul II" - Zac, Liz, Scott, and Liz (yes, we only hang out with people whose names are in our family already).  While we didn't play as well as we could have, we had fun!

Cheers! Lobster dinner with our Saturday opponents - Buffalo (although they're really from the Canadian side of Niagara Falls - long story)

Scott's first lobster dinner... in the dark, with mosquitoes attacking us!

3 of the 4 men representing St. Paul

Teams St. Paul I and St. Paul II (Ron, Scott, Zac, Liz, Julie, Eric; Brenda & me in front)

Teams from the first three events being piped onto the ice - always a fun tradition!

For the record, we won two and lost two.  One of the teams we lost to went on to win the bonspiel, defeating a team that included a three-time Olympian.  Oh well.  As I said, we had a good time anyway!

No comments: