Friday, July 25, 2008

Fabulous

I forgot to mention, when I took Zach in on Monday for his 18-month doctor's appointment, they pronounced him "fabulous". So in case you were thinking that we're a little biased as his parents, nope - the medical community concurs: he's fabulous! And for those of you who like the stats... he's 24 lbs 7 oz (30th percentile) and 32.5 inches tall (75th).

As far as what's new with Zach, it's definitely his vocabulary - it's in overdrive. For example, in just the last day or so, he graduated from "coo" for cookie monster (yes, he loves all things sesame street), to the full "cookie". He also continues to crack me up with the things he chooses to echo, since I tend to forget that he's paying much closer attention than I realize. An example... I was telling Teri (Scott's mom) how the woman at jcpenneys had irritated me a bit with her pushy sales tactics, and I said something along the lines of "I wanted to say - back off lady!" So instantly, of course, out of Zach's mouth comes "back off", in exactly the same tone I'd used. Then he just cracks up, like he knows he's said something that sounds hilarious coming out of the mouth of a toddler. And it was.

We've had quite a week! Teri and I have spent some time shopping (imagine that), but also just some good fun playing with Zach, taking walks, going to Highland Fest etc. We made quite a dent at the Albertville outlet mall; Zach was a trouper! I have to say, between the time with my parents, and now with Scott's parents here, I'm going to have a hard time adjusting to it being just Zach and me again during the weekdays. Besides just enjoying the company, I am taking full advantage of the help, so I can do the little things that somehow add up ... going for a run any time of day, grocery shopping all by myself, and - I saw TWO movies this week! Wahoo! (movie reviews below if you're interested) For those of you who have family, especially grandparents, close, I hope you know how lucky you are. We're just happy we have parents who are willing to take as much time as they do, and to come to us, so they can get to know their fabulous grandson!

More to come on Scott and Alan's adventures, and some pictures - I have not been hauling my camera around lately - I'll be better!

Movie reviews....
The Dark Knight (Batman): great movie, lots (perhaps too many) plot twists, amazing cast. Very dark, very tense movie - not the movie for you if you don't like sitting on the edge of your seat for 2.5 hours (or sitting through any movie for 2.5 hours).

Mamma Mia: not a great movie, but still great fun. How can watching a slightly overacting cast bop around to ABBA music not be a fun time? If you're looking for great choreography and Broadway-caliber singing, go see the musical. If you like Meryl Streep, think Pierce Brosnan is great eye candy (despite his horrible singing voice), and want to see some great views of Greece - go see the movie.

No comments: