Sunday, July 13, 2008

Life without technology...

After spending a great week and a half on the St. Croix with my parents, we were looking forward to heading home for a few reasons - one, to sleep in our own beds, and two, to be able to use the internet!! While we could occasionally get on-line by sitting in a certain spot (out on the deck worked best) and using someone else's router, it was very slow and a bit frustrating. So when we got home, we instantly booted up the laptop so we could check email, update the blog, check out our (ok Scott's) fantasy baseball standings, etc. And then we discovered... our internet wasn't working!!! Something about nodes and links, blah blah blah, but the bottom line is our provider isn't even sure when it will be back up. Ugh.

I never realized how dependent we were on being "on-line" until we weren't. How am I supposed to find out what time the zoo opens on Sundays?? Scott actually bought a newspaper so he could check the box scores! We have now gone about 5 days with NO access whatsoever, and I'm definitely in withdrawal. I'm at a coffee house now, and I don't even drink coffee! So I'm hurrying to get through my email and update the blog too, before Scott, Zach, and Koskie come back from the dog park to pick me up.

I have lots to update - our week+ with my parents on the river, the 4th of July celbration, and all the hilarious pronunciations of words Zach is saying these days (I think "scoo-bah" is my favorite - his version of "school bus"). But I think all that is going to have to wait until I have a little more time.

There are two new blogs for you to check out on our blog list. One contains major news - Sylvia Grace was born to our good friends Adam and Jamie! We're patiently waiting for them to come home from the hospital so we can go check out Zach's newest friend. :)

The other blog is for the McDaniel family - Scott's sister Mandy. They have two girls who are constantly on the go, so I suspect that will be a fun blog to keep tabs on!

Scott hasn't called to say he's on the way yet, so I'll include a few pictures too... the top one is of the house in Hudson, the other of some of the "family" on the 4th - us with the Roses and Nunbergs.
More to come... hopefully soon!

1 comment:

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

Go Twins!
Thanks again for inviting us, we had a great time!