Monday, September 29, 2008

No pictures...

Argh... I can't seem to get pictures uploaded. We finally got our wireless working, yahoo! But now I can't get pictures on here - and I have lots to share. I'll keep trying, I guess.

In the meantime, thank you to all of you who have been checking in to see how we're doing. We are definitely settling in; in fact I've reached a state of inertia when it comes to unpacking. We have all the fundamentals put away or at least accessible, with the rest of the boxes hidden in closets and rooms we don't use much. Which means I have zero motivation to keep unpacking. I do have to say our office is calling me... who knows what sort of important paperwork we have buried in a random box!?!?! But this truly is "home" already - which continues to amaze me. Although Scott probably won't feel completely at home until we get the new tv he's been lusting after. :) On Saturday we've been invited to the neighborhood block party - a good chance to meet and get to know more neighbors!

What I was going to blog about was our recent adventures with Zach's buddies. Last Wednesday we had our usual "playdate" (a word I never imagined I'd use) with friends; we met at the sculpture garden for this one. It's a beautiful setting, so I brought my camera and got some fun shots of the kids - Zach's friends Maggie and Clark were there this week - with the sculptures, flowers, and Zach dancing around in a puddle. Hopefully I'll be able to post those soon.

We also had fun last week with my college friend Mary and her daughter Kelly, who came to visit from the Ft Worth area. Kelly had just turned 1, and is absolutely adorable. It was really amazing to see what a difference 8 months makes - it's hard to remember when Zach was that age! While Mary and Kelly were here we spent lots of time just hanging out with the kids, up at my friend Cindy's (also a UW alum) house. The three kids, which includes Cindy's daughter Caitlin, who is 3, had a lot of fun playing together - the noise was staggering. Friday night we three ladies went out on the town, having dinner at Bellanotte in Minneapolis, followed by drinks on the patio the Chambers Hotel. We definitely enjoyed a night out - a long leisurely dinner is something we don't get to do very often! And again, I got some really fun shots of the kids, especially the three of them in the tub... but can't get them posted! UGH!

As a side note... today I discovered a big benefit to living in the suburbs - at least this particular one. I went to get my address changed on my driver's license - and what a pleasant experience. A very nice setting, lots of people ready to help me so no waiting - it took about 3 minutes total, and that was just because I had to chase Zach around while trying to fill out the form! Quite a change from our Mpls experiences.

No comments: