Thursday, October 2, 2008

Suddenly a little boy

Still can't get pictures to post, and I have no idea why. Sigh.

Tonight I found myself looking at Zach and being amazed at how we suddenly are the parents of a little boy. And as silly as it sounds, it really does feel sudden. Besides that his legs look longer, and his face a little less chubby, it's that I find myself having conversations with my son! His vocabulary has not only expanded at an exponential rate, but he's actually initiating discussions, not just responding to questions. And he's starting to sing, at least sort of... the usual row, row, row your boat, itsy-bitsy spider, Old McDonald (he does a mean "EIEIO"), and of course, the Sesame Street theme song. He doesn't quite have the melodies down, so it's amusing, but he's trying!

A little less amusing (although sometimes I have to turn away so he doesn't see me laugh) is how he is responding to discipline. He has started another hitting phase (yippee), so I find myself often saying "we do not hit". I say it nice and slowly so he gets it and understands the importance, and typically about 30 seconds later my little parrot says - "NO... do... NOT... hit." Can drive me crazy - he understands, but he does it anyway!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

So fun to watch your little boy in action yesterday! He is such a smart sweetie!