Monday, October 27, 2008

An educational weekend

Zach loves Dancing with the Stars. Friends had told me that their kids got a kick out of it, so he watched two dances before he went to bed tonight. After he saw the first one, he said - again! Dance again! Unfortunately, the second dancer was Cloris Leachman...

We are back from our weekend adventures. Zach, my friend Cindy and I drove to Milwaukee Thursday so Zach could spend the weekend with G&G Klicka while Cindy and I jumped on the train to Chicago. The detour through Milwaukee enabled Scott go on Rosie's 4th (3rd?) annual bachelor party. Yes, you read that right.

Before I forget - another big thanks to my parents for making the weekend possible!

The end result is that we all had good weekends. Cindy had never been to Chicago, so in addition to shopping and eating, we did some of the more touristy stuff like the architecture boat tour, the top of the Sears tower, etc. We got to see my friend Amy for brunch too; it was great to catch up with her. But I have to say the highlight was seeing the musical Jersey Boys - if you get the chance - GO!!!

I don't think there's much to tell about Scott's weekend... it was the usual golf and gambling, with more than a few beverages thrown in. 'Nuff said.

As for Zach, I learned on the drive down and once we got to my parents what a ham our son is. He loves to recite his ABCs (he's getting much closer, only forgets a few letters here and there, and sometimes can make it all the way thru), count (he gets to 13 accurately, twenty inaccurately), and sing songs. I knew that. What I didn't know was the lengths he'd go to get all attention on him! We were having a nice dinner with my parents, and if he wasn't the focus, he'd start yelling "hi grandma!!" until we acknowledged him, and then he'd launch into one of his routines, getting louder and louder as he finished. And then he cheers for himself; a nice big "yay", or our new favorite "Zach did it!" His confidence definitely isn't lacking. :)

1 comment:

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

I always wondered who watched Dancing with the Stars..now I know!