Saturday, October 18, 2008

A month in pictures

Since I still haven't found the solution to my photo uploading problem, I'm trying something else. Below is a link to a snapfish album, that contains pictures from all the events I already mentioned - the visit from Mary and Kelly, our playdates at the sculpture garden and Kenwood Park, "truck day", and pumpkin adventures in Cokato. Hope you enjoy them!

http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=829181224334062411/l=430619542/g=86576253/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

We also just unpacked the video camera; we need to capture Zach's latest talent - singing. And trust me, I use the term "singing" loosely. For some reason, one of Zach's favorite songs is Do Re Me. I sang it to him the first time in the car when he was crabby and I was drawing a blank on a good kids' song. And a few days later, I realized he was singing it himself. Here's how his version goes:

"doh...deer...fee deer...ray...sun...me...name m'self...fa...run...so...bread...la...so...tea...bread...back doh-oh-oh-oh!"

He also loves Twinkle Twinkle, pronounced "Tinkle Tinkle", and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Ring around the Rosie is a favorite game, although he refuses to actually fall down most of the time.

As I feared, we also really need to be careful what we say these days. The other day I was stuck behind someone who was merging onto the highway at 40 mph (despite a very long, downhill on-ramp - UGH!). In my irritation, I said "hit the gas, lady!", and seconds later, a little voice from the backseat said "gas lady!". And it wasn't so much what he said, but how he said it - he had my tone perfectly. Yikes.

No comments: