Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On the mend

Thanks to everyone for your concern and well wishes - I think Zach has turned a corner and is returning back to his normal self. The fever is gone and his mouth must be better, since he's much more interested in eating. Apparently he needed a lot of good sleep; he took two naps yesterday, which is something he hasn't done in a long, long time. Here's the first one: He actually fell asleep sitting up, but I managed to get him in a more comfortable position. I had no idea how long he'd sleep, so I was quite surprised when he slept for 90 minutes. And I just had to take a picture, because I think the last time he slept on the couch was before he could roll over... which was a really long time ago!

Anyway, I decided to see if he'd still take his afternoon nap, and lo and behold, he slept for more than an hour and a half! He must really have been needing that sleep to feel better, because this is a child who is not normally a long napper, even when he just takes one nap. And this morning he woke up much more like his normal self... hooray!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love that picture! I am glad he is feeling better.

Sarah, Brien, Aiden and Ava said...

Yay, Zach! I'm glad you're on the mend! This sleeping thing all the time really throws your mom for a loop! :)

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

Poor buddy!