Thursday, May 21, 2009

When grandparents visit...

When grandparents visit, you get to go out for a nice long dinner with friends, at a place you would probably never take a food-throwing little boy.

Then, you get to take a leisurely trip to Home Depot to pick out the lumber you need for some projects, without having to simultaneously keep a two year old entertained. And then you get to easily load it in their spacious minivan to transport home.

Once home, you get assistance (some helpful, some not so much) on building the new shelves in your garage.

While at the same time, the dandelions, which are causing you to be the scourge of the neighborhood, are disappearing...

And then, your new garden gets prepared, without lots of back-breaking digging.

And all the while, your son is as happy as happy can be. All because, as Zach would say, my grandma and grandpa are here!

PS... and then for days afterwards, you get to be greeted with "I don't want you I want my grandma" when you go to get your son out of his crib in the morning. This morning, after I reminded him that grandma and grandpa had to go home, Zach thought for a second and then said "maybe my grandma is downstairs watching the Twins with my daddy." He was equally disappointed to learn his dad was at work. I am a second-class citizen these days! :)

2 comments:

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

Nice! Those Klickas are handy to have around!

Sarah, Brien, Aiden and Ava said...

Wow...let the Klickas know that they are welcome in our home anytime! :) Why don't I have parents (and we have 3 sets combined) that love to do home projects at our house? :)