Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Catching up

I'm a bit behind in our adventures lately, so here are some random pictures of things we've been up to the last couple weeks.

I recently read that Woodbury has a swamp area, complete with boardwalks and walking paths. Sounded like a good adventure to take Zach on, so that was one of our outings last week (one of the few days it was not raining or 90+ degrees). I was absolutely delighted to find a path through a forest of mature trees - for those of you who haven't been to Woodbury, our suburb is definitely lacking in trees above 20 feet. My attempt at taking a picture of Zach and the tall trees resulted in what Scott has dubbed the "blair witch picture".
There was a playground at the entrance to the swamp, so of course we spent some time there, despite the wind. The second picture of Zach cracks me up; I wish my lens had been clean.



Last weekend we went to the Roses for some "swimming" and a yummy barbecue. The kids had a great time splashing Scott - I think that was the highlight of the night for those two!


Monday Zach and I, along with some friends, went to "play day at Midway." Midway Stadium is the home of the St. Paul Saints, our minor-league team. They are known more for their family-friendly entertainment than pure baseball, and we got to take advantage of that on a day they did not have a game. The kids had the chance to go out in the outfield and play baseball, or if they were little like Zach, to hit a ball off a tee. I think he would have stayed out there all day, despite the heat. Mudonna the mascot came out for a meet and greet, but Zach wanted nothing to do with that bright pink pig! Our little friend Logan, on the other hand, was fascinated. Other fun options included a playground, a bouncy castle, and this fun batting thing where a wiffleball is suspended on blowing air. I was amazed - Zach was able to hit that ball! Again, he could have stayed there all day, but I was wilting in the heat.

On Tuesday we found the best way to spend a 95 degree day - at the pool! Our friends Wendy and Vincent invited us to their community pool, and it was absolutely delightful. I didn't bring my camera along, anticipating I'd be in the pool with Zach the whole time, but it turns out they have a great kiddie pool, so I missed out on some fun photo ops. Hopefully there will be a next time. :)

No comments: