Friday, June 19, 2009

Off again

Two days after we returned home - or more relevant: two nights of sleeping in our own beds - Zach and I hopped in the car and drove down to Milwaukee to see grandma and grandpa and pick up Koskie. Koskie had spent the last 3 and a half weeks with my parents, since they so generously agreed to watch him while our allergic friends were visiting, and then while we were on our trip. I don't think Koskie was thrilled to see us... I think he had it pretty good at grandma and grandpa's house!

The five hour drive itself was interesting... we are clearly entering the "are we there yet?" stage. Ugh. Although driving down Wednesday night and back Friday afternoon didn't seem to make a lasting impression, since Zach has repeatedly asked when we can go back, even when I remind him about the long drive. I guess playing cars with grandpa was worth it to him!

Besides lots of car and backyard ball-playing time, we also managed to fit in a trip to the Milwaukee County Zoo (a great zoo, if you're ever in the area). Zach's cousins Chase and Sophie came along too, to add to the fun. Despite the fact that we had one-on-one coverage, it was an interesting experience for me, since I'm used to just one kid at a time. Three kids aged 4 and under was quite different! These pictures capture what it was often like:


And while this picture isn't great, it just makes me laugh. Check out grandma - she's ready to catch whoever falls first!

Despite all the cool exotic animals (hey look - an elephant!), the big hits were the farm area, the train, and of course, the playground. I was quite surprised to discover Zach was brave enough to feed the goats; he got a huge kick out of that!


(PS... Chase actually asked me to take that last picture!! Normally he just looks at me like "Aunt Liz, why do you always have your camera out???)

No comments: