Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A new trick

The new trick isn't bowling, I just included that picture to show yet another way we play with Zach's cars. Try not to notice Zach's raging bedhead.

No, unfortunately Zach's new trick is rolling over. (I am constantly reminded how this entire time in the cast has reminded me of the first few months of Zach's life ... now I'm talking about him learning to roll over??? And soon we'll be updating you on how he's learning - re-learning - to walk?!?!? We're going backwards! Crazy.) Anyway, the reason it's unfortunate is that he can only roll from his front to his back. So, in the middle of the night, when he decides to roll onto his back, he can't get over again to his much-preferred belly-sleeping position. Sunday night Scott got to go find out what the screaming was about, so when I put Zach to bed last night, I made sure we had a talk about how he should stay on his belly. Did it work? What do you think?

The first time he woke up, he again did so screaming, at about 12:45. When I went in his room, he calmly said "Mama, I'm on my back and I can't roll over to my belly, see - uhh, uhh." (Sound effects are apparently supposed to highlight how hard he was trying.) So we talked again about how he should stay on his stomach, and both of us went back to sleep. At 3:36, instead of screaming, I heard "Mama! I rolled on my back again and can't roll onto my belly!" Sigh. When I walked into his room, he was once again wide awake and ready to talk, telling me how he didn't listen to me, that he'd rolled over again. No kidding. Let's just hope this is a short-lived phase!!

Grandma and Grandpa Klicka arrive today - hooray hooray!

Spica cast days completed: 27
Stinky, smelly spica cast days remaining: 8

No comments: