Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Privacy

Last night Zach asked for some water, and when Scott gave it to him, he sort of loomed over him on the couch, teasing him a little. Zach looked up and said "Daddy, I need some privacy to drink my water."

We both just froze and then looked at each other, exchanging "where does he get this stuff???" looks. When Scott asked what privacy was, the answer was "letting me do something so I can."

Now, I can remember using the word once or twice, usually in reference to the bathroom. But it's been a long time - obviously before the cast, but I think it's been months. And it's not something I said often, since I've more or less resigned myself to company in the bathroom. It really is amazing what his little mind is retaining... and yet another reminder to be careful what we say!

I was also equally amused by what Zach said after he drank his water. Scott had moved to the other end of the couch, and Zach looked at him and said "thanks for letting me drink my water."

No comments: