Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dinghy

As I mentioned before, we've been having some challenges with Zach. One of the main issues is his newly-perfected art of name-calling. He'll call anyone and anything a name, whether it's me, Charlie, the dog, a tree, a ball... whatever. And the names aren't even necessarily bad, although we've certainly heard some doozies. Half the time he makes the "name" up.

So needless to say, we've had some conversations about this. He knows, and will tell you, it's not nice to call people names. But in the heat of the moment, he just forgets, I guess. So we were having the conversation once again, while he was a captive audience in the car. After I explained one more time, why we don't call people names, this was his response:

"But mom, if I was talking to a boat, I could call it a dinghy."

What was I supposed to say to that????

1 comment:

Laura said...

WOW. Sharp as a tack, that one.