Sunday, May 8, 2011

Moms

When I think about it, there have been alot of moms in my life. Obviously my true Mom - the one without whom I don't know who or what I'd be today. There are not enough words, let alone the right words, to say thank you. For everything you are to me, and everything you are to my kids.



Throughout my life, I've been so fortunate to have many of my friends' moms looking out for me as if I was their own. And now I have a mother-in-law who is not only a wonderful mother to my husband, and grandmother to my boys, but has become my family and friend.


I am also surrounded by friends who help me find my balance on days when motherhood seems to unseat me. And help me celebrate on days when it all feels just right.



What's the point? Besides that I'm lucky, to have all these wonderful people in my life? I guess I am just really beginning to understand the saying "it takes a village". And today, like all days, I'm so thankful for my village.


No comments: