Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bingo & Swiper

As I was filling Scott in on some of Zach's latest funny moments yesterday, he reminded me I should blog about these things, since we'll never remember them. So here we go:

Zach does not wake up happy and ready to go... at least not from his bed. However, when he wakes up from his carseat or from napping on one of us (which has been happening lately... we've been having some nap struggles) - he is instantly awake and happy, and usually is speaking before his eyes are even open. These examples, from the last week, occurred when he fell asleep in his carseat on his way to our morning adventures with our friends in Minneapolis. In both cases, he was basically still asleep as I got him out of the car, with his head snuggled on my shoulder.

Walking into the Minneapolis Institute of Art: his head lifted off my shoulder, with a huge string of drool stretching from his mouth to my coat, and he said "the farmer had a dog and bingo was his name-o!"

Walking into Edinborough Park: his head lifted off my shoulder, and he said "swiper no swiping!"

As you can probably guess, we had been listening to some kids music on our way to the art institute, and one of those songs happened to be "Bingo". And if you don't know who "Swiper" is, you have never seen Dora the Explorer, which Zach had watched the morning we went to the indoor park. Do you think he dreams about a dog named Bingo and Swiper the fox?

No comments: