Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My little helper

Experts will tell you that there are all sorts of benefits to getting your kids involved in cooking. I've been trying for all the reasons they mention, but also just because Zach just really likes to be doing whatever I'm doing, so if I want to make dinner in relative peace, in many ways it's easier if he's "helping". Let me show you what that looks like...

This is Zach helping to assemble enchiladas. He's in charge of the green onions and the black olives. Despite all the onions spread out on the counter, he did manage to sprinkle quite a few into the enchiladas. The black olives, however, were a different story... most of those did not make it into our dinner.
And this is what it looks like when Zach gets to clean the spatula after we make chocolate pudding:

No comments: