Monday, February 16, 2009

Need vs go away

A quick documentation of things Zach has been saying lately that I don't want to forget...

I love these - "Can I need you?" or "Let me need you". He says one of these when he wants us to pick him up and/or snuggle him. Soooo cute.

Not so fond of this one - "go away". I think he got it from a book we've been reading lately -The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle. I don't recommend it, not just because I think that's where Zach picked up "go away" (even though it's only mentioned once!), but because it's about a ladybug who wants to fight every animal he comes across - not exactly a message we want to convey. Anyway... we're hoping this one doesn't last long, since it's not nice to hear your two-year old tell you to go away. I thought we had at least a few more years before we heard that sentiment!

We had a nice Valentine's weekend here... Scott and I had "date night" on Friday - a yummy dinner followed by a win at curling, followed by some drinks with a fun group at the club. Saturday was more of a family valentine's day, including an outing to the pool at the Y. We ended the day with our favorite sub sandwiches and a very romantic movie - Iron Man!

No comments: