Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nice try buddy

Ok, one more story: Zach and Scott, like all men, have always battled over ownership of our remote controls. The rule is that remotes are Daddy's, so Zach doesn't get to play with them, but of course, all those buttons are way too tempting. As a result, Zach makes regular attempts at grabbing them, and if Scott catches him, he often says "nice try buddy." So yesterday, as Scott was figuring out where to put his high-def antenna (we now have Scott's dream tv hanging over the fireplace), Zach managed to get his hands on a remote. When Scott turned around, Zach was racing towards him, saying "nice try buddy!"

In other news, on Friday I had the opportunity to see what life would be like if we had a three month old baby, when I baby-sat my college friend Jenny's daughter Katelyn. And not surprisingly, I learned that both Zach and I are glad he doesn't have a sibling already! I have to cut Zach some slack... he has a pretty unpleasant cold, and we were not on our home territory, so he was constantly hearing "don't touch that, put that back." But he is definitely used to being the center of attention; almost every time I picked up Katelyn he'd say "mama down!", or "Katelyn chair!", while pointing at her bouncy chair. Or, my favorite - "mama snuggle you?" I enjoyed the one-on-one time with Katelyn while Zach was napping, but spending the rest of the day with the two of them gave me even more appreciation for people who have young kids close in age (you go Rebecca)!

No comments: